My twins think that it is funny that when I lay them down on my bathroom counter/changing table to kick their legs at me. I don't think that it is that funny. I regularly get kicked in the stomach, a few times they have knocked the wind out of me, but two days ago one of them got a direct hit to my left nipple. It hurt so bad. The trouble is that now it still hurts. I can't see any physical bruising, but what am I supposed to do? If anything touches it or rub against it, I am feeling intense pain, and it has spread to the entire breast. What do you tell a doctor about this kind of injury? Well my son kicked me, or it could have been my daughter, I don't really remember which one it was, because they both kick me all the time.
I am making my favorite breakfast today. Caramel breakfast rolls. You take 18 rhodes rolls and put them in a buttered bundt pan. Then you sprinkle 1/2 a package of non instant butterscotch pudding all over them. Then you melt a stick of butter and 1/2 cup of brown sugar in a pan to make a kind of caramel sauce and you drizzle that all over the rolls, then you let them sit out overnight. So in the morning they are to the top of the pan and you bake them at 35o for 30 min. MMMMmmmm. They are so good.
I had three people come to my book party last night. Now some people might think that that is not very good, but since I booked two more parties from those three people, I'm counting it as an excellent turn out!
Saturday, May 31, 2008
My second worst injury (I'd say)
Posted by Sara at 6:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








9 comments:
I would get it checked out... even if it is a little embarrassing. Also, What do you consider your worst injury? Besides having a C-section-- my vote is for slicing your leg open on the cracked tile at the NS pool.
Hey Sara,
Sorry to hear about the nipple. Stuff like that happens to me all the time. I swear my little boy knows right were to kick or hit. he gets curtis all the time. Anywho Dillan is going to be in the same class as Tyler so that will be nice...let me know if you learn anything about thier teacher. Talk to you soon. Tyra
No, the worst injury is when I broke my toe at Seven Peaks that one summer, that was way worse than the c-section. Although, I don't really remember much of the recovery after the c-section so maybe I have just chosen to block out that whole section of my life.
Tyra- about their teacher, I talked to another kindergarten teacher last night who wouldn't say that Mrs. Spriggs was the worst teacher of the four, but she basically hinted that she was. I kind of want to switch him to another class, except I think that he will have fun with the kids that are in the class, so I probably won't.
Ok, first I loved the Prayer for the baseball game and the comments from Rose and Becca...What is it with our family and ball sports? Because I too have a paralyzing fear that I may someday have to play some ball sport and be ridiculed. Second, Clean Potty!!! So awesome, I totally laughed out loud. Third, MRS. SPRIGGS!! I don't know her, and she could be a very nice person, but from my experience you don't what to be taught ANYTHING by someone named SPRIGGS. Ask Dad, he will probably tell you the same thing...so good luck with that, but if Tyler goes to kindergarten and decides it's time to grow his hair out, you have been warned.
Okay sara,
First off, sorry about the boob - tell shane he will have to lay off for a little while. But you should get it checked. I can get you some Loratab or Percocet - if you really need it I can make a call. Just kidding. 2nd - Anna moved on Friday and to keep peace and love throughout our family I was told pretty much that I was going to go help her move for the 42nd time. So I missed the party, but have been looking online to order some books - but I need some suggestions because there are quite a few. I need some good summer reading for yote. Small chapter books maybe? Anyways, I will see you at the nail biting t ball games! Let me know which books I should get.
Sara,
I am sorry about your nipple injury..I agree with everyone else though, you should probably get it checked. Also, I just went ahead and added you to my friend list..I hope you don't mind. :)
Let me tell you the Jack Barratt way to fix any injury:
1: Say all the swear words you know.
2: Pretend it never happened.
3: Watch for pus.
4: Find a way to fix it with super glue.
5: Never, under any circumstances speak to a medical professional of any kind. Let me know how it goes.
Ok just wanted to say Hi and to tell you to get that boob checked
once when ezra was still little and nursing he bit me, hard. i am not joking and this is really graphic but it looked like my nipple was falling off. it really hurt. i actually went to my doctor to see if i needed stitches but he said it would heal on its own. apparntly nipples are pretty good at self healing...
Post a Comment