Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, May 19, 2008

Step aside FURMINATER!




On Saturday, I went up to my mom and dad's house, and stumbled upon Grooming day for their dog Mickey. Now when their dog sheds it comes out in clumps and it comes out all summer long. You wouldn't think that a dog would have so much fur to lose, but theirs does. She has a serious shedding problem. So last year, my dad decided to take care of the problem one time and be done with it for the rest of the summer. He got out his animal clippers (electric) and began the shaving of the dog. One stripe later the clippers were so dull that they wouldn't work anymore. So he looked through the barn and found the old sheep shearers, this time they were manual, and you can sharpen them if they need it. The rest is history. And when I arrived Saturday morning the haircut was nearly over. I think that the dog actually likes the attention. She shivers for about the first three days after, until her body gets used to not having all of that hair.
P.S. All future BBQ goers, sit at the BROWN table.

7 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

I want to gag, I want to look away ... but ... I ... can't.

Thanks for the warning, there is no way that I will ever forget not to sit at the brown table.

Erica said...

OH MY GOSH!!! It is mind boggling and disgusting but I can't stop laughing!

Emily said...

I am in shock! step aside furminater indeed. It reminds me of the sheep on Babe.

Becca Hatch said...

Poor Mick. She is so desperate for attention that THIS qualifies???

Andrea said...

I think next time we'll just tell our dad to call Bill....

Jeff and Rose said...

I think that if we sent these pictures to Jeff Foxworthy that we might get a mention at the next "Redneck" conference.

Isn't that the meat cutting table? Hum. It just gets more disgusting.

Sara said...

It was the meat packaging table, but I didn't mention that because I know that last year when dad sheared the dog, he did it on the grass in the backyard. So the meat was safe this year. Next year though...maybe not so safe