Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sweet Relief


So lately I've been getting these burning stomach aches. They kind of come and go. Mostly they hit around 8:30-9:00 at night and last all night. Or if I get really hungry. Then a couple of nights ago, it kept me up all night and it lasted all day long. So I sucked it up and called the clinic and got an appointment. I felt pretty silly sitting there answering her questions. Do you take any regular medications? No. Have you been eating lots of new foods lately? No. Are you under a lot of stress? No. Have you been taking a lot of Tylenol or Asprin or Ibuprofen lately? No. They went on and on. I don't think that I answered yes to any of them. In my mind I was thinking that the lady was going to tell me that I was crazy.
I was wrong. She thinks that I have an ulcer. So she sent me home with lots of prevacid and told me to double up with the maalox for a couple of days until the prevacid could really take effect. I didn't wake up with a bad stomach ache all night long! It was so nice to finally get a good night's sleep. So it looks like for the next eight weeks I will be taking the prevacid and hopefully my ulcer will heal and I won't have to get it scoped (she said that would be a worst case scenerio).

0 comments: