Yesterday after I got home from Stake Conference, I started to can my peaches. I have never done this before so I was a little nervous. I also picked a perfect day to do it since my mom took off to Las Vegas and she was my source of knowledge. She did however leave all of her big pots and canning accessories for me. So after I put the kids down for their nap I got to work. The first step is peeling the peaches and my mom said that if I dunk them in hot water then in cold the skin will come off a lot easier. This process intrigued Shane, and so he came over to help with the peeling. To my surprise he stuck around for the entire time and I am really grateful. It went pretty quick and now I have seven pints of sliced peaches and 13 quarts of quartered peaches. And all of them sealed! Not too bad for a first day. Today I am going to try and locate seven more pint jars and see if I can finish off the last few peaches.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
It was my first time canning peaches too. Yours look great, not bad for the first time. Josh wants to hire me out to can other peoples peaches, yeah right.
I love how you make it sound like Nancy is off to a wild Vegas weekend . . . did Erica deliver?
Sara--they look awesome and delicious! Therefore, send some my way and I will add them to my food storage. :)
Kim, YES! Erica delivered on Saturday morning around 3:45 and again around 4:00. They are the cutest boys ever (except for my boys, so they are probably tied for second with your handsome Zain, and Jackie's Abe). Anyway they named them Holden Lee, and William James. She is home now so hopefully she will post some pics soon.
Sara, That picture showed my entire stock of food storage, so I don't think that there will be any sharing this year! Maybe next year.
Of course you are a match for me! We all start somewhere, and don't you feel so proud of yourself?
Post a Comment