Well my little sister wanted to hear about the book party that I had at Chelsey's house the other night. It went really well, we had about 7 or 8 people come, which I felt was a great number considering that the party started at the same time as a viewing for a local man who died in a tragic car accident. Anyway, my sponsor came and brought her two little girls who had the time of their lives playing with Hallie. She also brought her books for me to borrow and display. She really has hundreds of books and I am so grateful that she will let me use them until I can get some more inventory. It is so fun to just come to the party and see all of the books, and read them and wish that they were yours. (I'm so addicted to children's books, I thought that I had a problem before I started selling them, but now I just sit and wait until I can make enough money to buy more.) Anyway it was fun to visit with Shane's cousin Courtney, and I visited with Chelsey's mother-in-law Robin, and Jill, and I thought that it was a real success. And now I am going to tell you about a really neat book called "The Baby and Toddler Treasury." My Sponsor Natalie told me about this, and she was so excited because in the back is a little scrapbook for your baby. It has a place for footprints and handprints and a family tree and pictures and stuff. Which is a cool selling point. Well at the party she actually brought the book with her and I got to see it for the first time. I have to say, that I was not as excited as she was about the book...until I saw it. The book itself has bedtime stories, nursery rhymes, activities for kids to make and do, little hand action games (like pat a cake, and five little monkeys). Natalie is always telling me what a cool baby shower present it will make, and now I have to agree with her, because as a new mom, sometimes you wonder what kind of things you are going to do next. And I know that with Tyler I would start to sing a song to him from my childhood and then I would forget the end. Thank goodness I had Susie who always seems to remember every word to every song that she has ever heard. Most moms don't have a Susie to help them though, and that is where this book might come in handy.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment