Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I hate you PANTS!

I've been feeling bad about a few things lately. Mostly because I feel like winter is approaching really fast and I am going to need my long pants again real soon. The bad news here is that some of my most favorite pants have worn holes in the knees and I have cut them off into cut-offs. So it has become necessary for me to find new pants. I also can't really fit into any of my old pants comfortably any more, so I'm looking for a new size. This is by far the worst thing that I ever have to do. I tried on a pair of 11's yesterday at Target. They were too tight around my thunder thighs. Do I go up to a 13? The 11's fit everywhere except my thighs, I could barely squish them into the suckers, and they weren't any of those "SKINNY JEANS" if you know what I mean. What's up with those anyway? Who can fit into those stupid pants, and who wears tapered ankles? When I was 16 years old (and around 100 lbs) my best friend, we'll call her Emily, and I were shopping at Contempo Casuals and we came across a pair of size 10 jeans. We were so disgusted at the size of them that we swore then and there that if either of us ever let ourselves get that out of control that we would tell the other one and make sure that the problem would get taken care of. Well, here I am staring down a pair of size 13's. Where is a good friend when you need her?

This morning as I contemplated things, I decided that since I usually tend to gain a lot of weight in the winter, I'm going to need some goals.
Goal #1: I am going to run 200 miles on my treadmill before Christmas. I'm going to set up a weekly tracker here on my blog. It will also include my fastest mile of the week.
Goal #2: I am going to be able to fit my thunder thighs into a pair of real pants by Christmas. By "real pants" I mean "sweat pants don't count."
Goal # 3: Save enough money each month so that I can afford a personal trainer sometime before Christmas...this will help me with the first two goals. If you are interested in forming a group we can save some money, just let me know.

This is all that I've come up with so far. Wish me luck. I'm going to need all that I can get.

5 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

This may be of some comfort to you: Even numbers are women's sizes. Odds are junior sizes. They do not correspond exactly. A junior 9 is about women's 6. So when you were trying on a 13, you were MAYBE the same size as those old size 10 pants you speak of, but certainly no bigger.

However, it's always fun to have a workout goal- you can do it.

And, because it must be said- Skinny jeans don't look good on anyone. Except for Kate, and she's 5.

Unknown said...

I must add:

The pants that currently fit me range from 6-13. Sizes mean absolutely nothing (when I sew I make 16's or 18's--yikes!)

When I weighed 110 pounds I could barely run a mile...Now that I'm a little more I accomplish more and that makes it even better!

I also have a pair of skinny/straight leg jeans and I like to wear 'em but only after I've had like four bowel movements so I truly feel skinny. But what do I know? I cut bangs today and that is proving to be a terrible mistake.

Melanie said...

I can relate I've been stuck in a size 12 for years now, and I hate it!! You'll follow through with your weight goal!!

marci and josh said...

Sara, don't worry about the pant sizes, but think of how fit you are. I know thats hard to do, but you've already ran a 5k maybe a couple now, and you chase after kids all day. Plus some stores have weird sizes. But if I lived closer I would share a trainer with you.

Jeff and Rose said...

Hum...I actually cannot comment on this post because it will not come across in any form of dignity.

but just so you know, I'm sticking my tongue out at you AND your junior-sized 13.