I've been a little nervous lately. I told my sister Susie that I was going to run the 5K in Henefer on the 4th of July this year. Then she wanted to run it with me. Then she told our sister Erica that we were going to do it. And Erica wanted to run it with us. And then she posted it on her blog and a few of our cousins commented that they wanted to do it with us.
WELL...I was running on my treadmill and doing pretty good, but I was only going 2.25 miles which isn't enough for a 5k, and it wasn't outside where there are hills and stuff. So one day I was running and my boys came in and suggested that we all go on a walk and that I get off of my treadmill. So we did and I packed everyone up in the stroller and I put the dog on the leash and off we went. But I really couldn't run outside. I tried it, it was really hard. Long story short, I was pretty sure that I was never going to make it to my 5K on the 4th of July.
So yesterday I got up really early 5:20 am and I got dressed and went outside for a run...all by myself. No stroller, No dog, and No 6 year old bike rider. I thought I would just run as far as I could and when I got too tired I would call Shane to come and get me. So I ran and ran and ran and I went all the way out to the bridge (roughly 2.2 miles) and then I turned around and kept on running and I made it all the way back to Wally's house which I am thinking is about another mile and a half, it might be a little less than that. If any of you are familiar with the area there is a humongous hill after Wally's house and that is why I quit at that point. But I didn't even call Shane to come and get me! I power walked up the hill and then the rest of the way home is down hill so it was easy and I made it! I did my 5K! I was so proud of myself and my confidence has been restored! So I am announcing that I WILL be in Henefer on the 4th of July running my guts out and hopefully having a pretty good time doing it.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
I Can Do IT!!!
Posted by Sara at 6:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








7 comments:
Yeah! Great job! That's awesome you made it. Amy was telling me about this 5k, it sounds like fun. I'm still debating whether I want to do it or not
What? You couldn't run up a hill that was 70% grade?? ha.ha.ha. I love that you just tried to run until Shane had to come and get you...that was quite a plan!!
Way to go Sara! You are amazing! I will be there - not running ofcourse, but there to cheer you on. You will do awesome, and that is great that your sisters and family want to do it too! Good job!
Way to go, you will do great! I do not enjoy running outside or even on a treadmill for that matter, so I am always impressed with people who want to complete races. Good luck with the rest of your training and running the race.
You really can Sara, I believe in you.. It's cliche, but it really is just a step at a time.
I am so so proud!! Way to keep truckin!! I guess I better start running again, since you have really put the pressure on me to perform!!
Count me in on that race. I will be home & will run it with you!
Post a Comment